Bruton Parish Church

History:

After the City of Williamsburg was established as the capital of colonial Virginia in 1699, the royal governor designed the present cruciform-shaped church, which was completed in 1715, replacing two earlier structures. Many founding fathers, government officials, legislators, students, visitors, and townspeople worshiped here. It remained the center of religious activity until the American Revolution. During the 19th century, the church fell into disrepair and even served as a military hospital during the Civil War. The present church, restored to its colonial grandeur in 1939, has an active congregation of 1,500 members, a variety of programs and activities, and attracts about 1 million visitors a year.

Product Code: CWV02
City: Williamsburg
State: VA
Issue Date: 2001/05/08
Retire Date: Active
Series: Williamsburg
Edition Limit: 4000
Key Location: The key is located in the tower under the second window from the top.
Size: 7' Wide X8 1/4" High X 1" Deep

Suggested Retail Price: $22.00
All images copyright protected by Shelia's!